About Us

The Past

Our Scouting days started in June 1909 when the Scout Section started.  The first meetings were held  at the back of "Woodbine Cottage", Cults and later in the Old Free Kirk Hall which stood by Kirk Brae. In 1913 the Scouts moved to St Devenick's Hall, Bieldside  until 1946 then moved to Cults School. 

The Chief Scout, General Baden-Powell, first visited Aberdeen on 22 March 1910, when he met some of the leaders in 21st Scouts who formed a Guard of Honour and complimented them on wearing the kilt.

A Wolf Cub Pack was started 1 May 1924 comprising 2 leaders and 11 Cubs and meet in St Devenick's Church Hall, Bieldside.

Shortly after the outbreak of the First and Second World Wars, all the adult leaders were called up to the Armed Services and a few never came back. The running of the Scout Section fell on the Patrol Leaders. During the Wars, the 21st Scouts, in common with other Scouts, engaged in Coast and Fire Watching.

To give an adequate history of the Scout Group would probably fill a book and this is only a brief sketch of its early years.

Boys with Thumbs Up
Designed by ACVO Communications | Privacy Policy